Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Weather

Having lived on both sides and in the middle, I have been privy to a wide assortment of climates. Currently, I live in Denver where our motto is: "If you don't like the weather, await 15 minutes." and it's true, except today and yesterday. Starting 2 weeks ago, the weather suddenly got hot, and I mean hot; we set a record. It was glorious. I don't care what they say, but I will like this global warming thing if it means an earlier summer. But yesterday and today, it is windy and chilly, sunny, but chilly, clear blue skies, but chilly. I do not like the cold. It does not suit me, I want my 85 degree days back.

Cold and I are not friends. We do not hang in the same cliques. As a matter of fact, we hate each other. I think it has something to do with the fact that I didn't have to buy a winter coat until I was 9. Now I have several and I troop them out every year when the weather changes. But it has been what seems like an incredibly long winter and I am ready for some fun in the sun. I know what you are saying..."They don't have fun in the sun in Colorado", "it snows there all the time," "they wear parkas all year long." And to that I say, no sir, you are wrong. We have beautiful weather here for about 5 months out of the year when it does not snow. We have a national park where you can see the wildflowers glow and the elk graze. We have city parks to stroll through and enjoy the sunshine.
And we were given a small taste of what we will see in the coming months and then it was taken away, like a mean sibling who gives you a toy and once you grow to love it, takes it away. Nature's cruelty abounds. I only live in hope (and I have confirmation from the Weather Channel) that it will get better and warmer soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home