Thursday, April 20, 2006

Easter Trivia

Last week was Easter and since my family has let its religiosity lapse, we basically just eat a lot and have a good time with EASTER TRIVIA. This is a little game my mother invented or copied from someone, I don't know, I just know that I win almost every year. It doesn't help that in previous years, I wrote most of the questions or that this year I won by 5 and that is how many questions I wrote this year. The one change to this year's game was that in previous years, cash was involved and this year it was chocolate, which I will never refuse so it was a good game. My questions involved the British royal family, New Zealand Rugby Sevens, Joan of Arc and the pope that canonized her and the Canadian parliament. I am very random and so is Wikipedia so we are good friends. My youngest sister's questions all involved WWI, because that is what she just got finished studying at school, I got those right too. Seriously, the American educational system is incredibly redundant. I studied that stuff in middle school, high school and since I took European histories in college, not there, but she is in college so I am sure this is a repeat for her. She could be learning so much more. Anyway, Easter Trivia. Get a question right, get a chocolate Kiss, get it wrong, give one to the judge, you can pass too. But as I am a smarty, I got a lot of questions right, had the most Kisses at the end and therefore, was bestowed the GRAND PRIZE: one of those 5 in 1 gift cards to several different restaurants. Which rules because I have taken a vow of poverty and am not spending money for a month except on groceries, bills and rent. And since I am also incredibly lazy sometimes, a gift card for premade meals is a God-send.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home