Wednesday, April 11, 2007

It Was Real, It Was Bad, It Was Real Bad

I have denigrated from fun, hip coffee houses to Starbucks. And my dates have gotten progressively worse. I guess that’s what happens when you set the bar low and hope for the best.

At least the hot chocolate it good and the people watching is great…

Young kids trying to be cool on a Tuesday night…Business people just getting off of work, having a coffee before heading to the bar, where they proceed to get drunk and end up in bed together, as per usual.

For this is the joy of instant return consumerism: Order, give money, receive, enjoy, leave.

If I fokkin’ get stood up, that’s it, celibacy city.

Children should not have cell phones.

OK, its 8:03, my clocks are generally fast, just a few more minutes.

I smile at a stranger, he smiles and nods as he passes, that’s nice, he’s kind of cute.

People stroll past, alone, in pairs, in groups, with families, as I wait.

I go to the bathroom, hoping he’ll be there when I get back, he isn’t.

In all the months I worked at Starbucks back in high school, I never used the bathroom, it’s a nice bathroom.

He finally shows up, distracted. Not the best first impression. I am a big believer in punctuality even though I am frequently late. I get to my dates early for a reason. I took a 45 minute nap and I was still early.

He does not want coffee, we go to the Hard Rock Café for protein. I get a garden burger and he gets salmon. He spends most of the evening watching the music videos on the screens around the restaurant. I want to leave about 10 minutes into meeting him. But I stay and eat some of my burger (which I finished when I got home) and tried to talk to him. Not happening. We each pay for half the bill and leave. He does not offer to walk me to the garage where my car is parked, Thank God. He asks for my number, I say email is better. And I go home.

Thus endth my night.

2 Comments:

At 9:13 AM , Blogger chinchilla said...

How absolutely lame!!! TV sucks you in - and no one should want to be at a place with a TV on a first date. No big loss. Too bad you had to pay for half of a date that only you made an effort in.

 
At 10:14 AM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

And I drove 20 miles round trip to get there, what waste of gas.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home