Sunday, December 24, 2006

The Christmas That Wasn't...Yet

Yes, the holidays started with a bang. I get my car stuck on 2 hills and I was rudely flipped off by someone in a 4-wheel drive truck (he can bite me, I had my hazards on) and again 500 yards from my office and had to get my boss to come and give me a push, two actually, cause I got stuck in the parking lot too.

I got stuck again going to my parents, but right in front of their house and their neighbors are NICE and wonderful and helped me get out of my icy predicament.

Then the Youngest and mom were fighting. Over the phone over her boyfriend and the snow and a whole bunch of other stuff.

The LLS's flights were cancelled so she's not getting here til Tuesday.

Bright Side: We had the best game night ever last night. And we get 2 Christmases; we are going to relax and open a few presents in the morning (and have steak) and then we are going to make the big dinner and open all of our gifts when the LLS is here. She is very happy were are waiting.

I know our situation is no where near as bad as some people's. There are people that have been living in the airport for a week, including my friend Adrian (Which is something I don't get, go home, come back later, duh!) or those families that have loved ones overseas. And those that can't even afford a Christmas and I acknowledge that. Those people are are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep the LLS and JoAnna (Whom I can't find) in your thoughts.

Happy Holidays and best of luck and wishes in the New Year.

5 Comments:

At 2:34 PM , Blogger chinchilla said...

Jo made a flight. People wait bc the people at the airport usually get priortiy when it opens.

I got stuck in Maui (i know, sounds great but it wasn't, we spent the day on a blankie drinking and playing cards and eating za at a set up shelter) bc some one was too drunk to get on a flight the night before. I guess he thought it was a good idea to go home, drink more, and drive his SUV into the ticketing area, get out and set it on fire the next morning.

Good job on waiting!!!! My bro has to work til 5 today and it's hard just being 5 hours without him here!!!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!!!!!!

 
At 4:07 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

I wish she'd f-ing call me. I've left several calls and emails. What about her dog? I was supposed to take care of him.

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

 
At 9:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come I'm characterized as one of the duh people? I went the same day as my flight, just got there ultra early because a certain bettylou (along with the news)said I should and my flight was delayed. I'd like bettylou to possibly elevate me above duh status if she has the heart :)
Besides, I can top that. The duh people are the ones that leave BLIZZARD conditions dragging their skis throughout the airport to fly back to Vermont where it's as almost as balmy as Florida. That aside, hope you're enjoying yourself bettylou, aren't vacations (mini or longer) great?

 
At 10:55 AM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

I was talking about the people that stayed there for 5 days, not someone who stayed a fwe extra hours. You are so elevated.

 
At 8:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, thank you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home