Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Adventures in MatchLand

So, Match seems to be working out well. The ones I want to talk to email me. The ones I don't, don't and sometimes the ones you gave up on, come back and you forgive them, if only in your head.

But before that happens you have the following email conversation with Travis the Married (formerly known as The Crush):

I am in Pink -

He just sent me a picture of his wedding -

I know I'm not boring, they think I am. Bah to them all. Bah, I say. I am glad you married a redhead; you need fire in your life. You both look beautiful.

M

Fire? What makes you think I need fire in my life? :)

I don't get it? Have any of these clowns actually had the nerve to tell you that you're boring, or do they just stop calling? It's probably just because you don't put out. AND DON'T. I've heard that online dating is just a haven for people looking to get laid. Never done it, but that's what I've heard.

\\\T

Everyone needs fire in their life (fire = excitement, daring, sassiness etc).

They just top calling, no one has said I am boring, but the lack of calling speaks loud and clear.

I do not put out, at least I haven't yet. I don't jump into bed on the first date, at least not anymore. But they seem to tire of me after 3 or 4 dates and I need to know what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions, oh great married one.

M


I suggest some snack foods (complete with EZ Cheese), a cooler full of sodas, and a road trip through Missouri. Damn I'm homesick. I love Boston, but I really miss KC. I could use a Blvd Pale Ale and some Jack Stack BBQ.

Stop looking. You only find someone when you don't want to. That's always been the case with me at least.

\\\T

I do have some vacation time coming up, but I don't think I will be heading to MO. You can order all that stuff on line, BTW. I know it's not as good a being there, but you can recreate MO in MA.

Everyone tells me to stop looking and for one, I don't know how to do that. Two, I need suggestions as to keeping them interested. You're a guy, sometimes, help me.

M

Tough to answer, Muff. You are an interesting person. Do you think you're too quiet? That can't be it.

Be assertive. Things only get boring when you sit around saying things like, "I don't know, what do you feel like doing tonight?" Always have an idea of what you want to do and don't be afraid to let him know. A confident woman is very sexy. Act like you don't care if they call you or not. Make them pursue you.

Of course, a great BJ always helps.

What do you mean, sometimes???

///T

Man, sometimes you take everything too seriously. Rest assured, you are always a man. I do make them pursue me, they just choose not to. I guess that makes them unworthy. Anyway...

M

2 Comments:

At 12:02 PM , Blogger chinchilla said...

I know at least 3 married couples that met on match.com - so defnitely not just a place to look for some @ss.

But I do agree that you're more likely to meet someone when you're not looking - but you have to be out there. Not only at bars, but get involved in things you're interested in, and you'll meet guys that share your interests. You'll have more stuff to talk about and you'll never find each other boring: book clubs, dodge ball, cooking classes, poker, whatever.......

No reason to give up on match.com though = )

 
At 9:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a book out right now titled "Do you" its about living life and being the happiest you can be while spoiling yourself and doing all the things that make YOU happy without focusing on partnership. When a person is grabbing life by the reins and riding it into whatever the hell they want, they glow. Also when your doing the things that make you happy you may run into someone just like you making himself happy. It doesnt take a date to bring out all the beauty and excitement and intelligence that you already have within you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home