Monday, April 09, 2007

The Queen is Dead, Long Live the Younger Queen

I lost at Easter Trivia last night, badly, with fifth grader questions. I point to the fact that I haven't been in 5th grade from about 15 years and so was not taught the things we were asked questions about.

Today's 5th graders are much smarter than I was in that grade. Seriously, who knows what kind of rock marble is? There was also math involved, but thankfully I didn't get any of those questions, Sue did.

So I lost. But Youngest is an unwed soon to be mother, so I'll cut her some slack and concede that she is a smarter 5th grader than me. And Sue did give me all her winnings. It was a good day. Any day where cash and chocolate is involved is a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home