Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My Dork is Showing


Being the biggest girl dork I know, I was just looking at photos from San Diego's Comic-Con 2007 (which I really wanted to go to as many of my favorite writers would be there). I don't know what it is, the adventures, the inventive art and writing, the ability to take you out of yourself and put you in the shoes of a super hero, but I love comic books. Always have.

I started with my dad's Peanuts books, Archies and Richie Riches and then moved onto Uncle Scrooge and other Disney adventures until I got to college and my roommate turned me onto more slice of life books.

I was never really into the super hero books, but I was interested in the characters. I've researched them and read bout them and seen most of the movies based on the books.

And no, I did not spend the first half of my life in my mom's basement playing Dungeons and Dragons. That's just sad.

2 Comments:

At 7:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We did not have a basement for the first half of your life. But we did have a cool garage with a refrigerator playhouse. I remember you doing a lot of coloring and reading. Quite artistic and brilliant if you ask me. MOM

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Thanks Mom.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home