Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Reality is Unreal

So I am watching TV last night after completing my grandmother's Christmas present and flipping past MTV, something I rarely do as I hate the network, except when they actually play videos, and I saw a cat fight.

Being a human being, I paused, cursed my violence loving heritage and settled in. It was a fight between two women for the love of one Miss Tila Tequila on "A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila." She's a model and has her own dating show (the American dream). She is also supposedly bi (I am thinking gay for pay), so she has women and men fighting for her love.

This fight, however, was 2 women with several of Tila's other suitors looking on (the men looked surprisingly queer). The women in question were fighting over (and I couldn't make out most of it over the screaming and the bleeping): honesty. One was a liar and the other was calling her on it. The two-toned blond/brunette was "in love with Tila, but couldn't handle all of this." The brunette had to be taken away, and most likely kicked off the show or arrested. Miss Two-Tone left the show during this episode.

You really have to wonder about people who go on these shows. Are they looking to launch a career? Truly find love? Find an excuse to make a fool of themselves in a national arena? I don't know.

Yes, honesty is important (referencing the fight), but it's nothing to roll around on the floor over. Especially when you are wearing a short dress and no underwear.

Put on some panties you slag, be a lady. This is not how you win the love of a bi-sexual, hip-hop singing model. This is television, cable television mind you, but television nonetheless.

5 Comments:

At 10:27 AM , Blogger Travelingrant said...

Everybody wants their 15 minutes of fame, and I think its got to the point where people don't care if those minutes paint them in a horrible light. All is ok, just as long as they can say to their grandkids "I was on TV!"

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger Merlicious said...

I totally agree with Betty on several counts. She probably is "bi" until the right guy comes along, and reality TV women are all whores. The guys are either over-aggresive or total pussies.

 
At 10:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sensationalism, drama and violence generate good ratings. Finding extremes and broadcasting them on TV creates the 'pause' in the channel switching. TV producers have tested the FCC auditor limits for their definition of 'extreme' since inception. FOX and MTV are famous for that.

Regarding acts of stupidity and exhibitionism, the history of humanity is self documenting.

Love that word: slag.

M

 
At 12:19 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

I use it a lot. It's a great word.

 
At 4:20 PM , Blogger Juana Beso said...

I agree BettyLou. I personally find I Love New York 2 much more entertaining. I allow myself one reality show a season. I think the danger is really the people who watch it and believe it's real.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home