Monday, November 05, 2007

More Holidays

Happy Guy Fawkes Day everyone. I know none of my readers are English (although some affect the accent every now and again, including myself), but I am a history buff, so we are celebrating.

So, therefore it's Bonfire Night.

Be safe and light the BBQ and sing this song:

Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
To blow up King and Parliament.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;
By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!

7 Comments:

At 3:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if having a head for useless knowledge comes in to play today....but I could have done without this celebration. MOM

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Oh, come on, it's fun. It's like 4th of July. Celebrate your country by blowing up a small part of it.

 
At 4:18 PM , Blogger Merlicious said...

Good use of a Simpson's quote.

 
At 5:07 PM , Blogger Travelingrant said...

I so want to actually celebrate this one day. I love burning things.

 
At 8:40 AM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Roomie and I had a little bonfire celebration and burned a few things. It felt and smelled really good.

 
At 9:57 AM , Blogger Inorganik said...

There's a big reference to this day in the movie V for Vendetta (a great movie). And I've always wondered what it was about. Thanks!!

 
At 12:02 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

No prob!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home