Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tuesday

Well, Thanksgiving was nearly a week ago, so I thought I would update you all on the goings on. We got off early on Wednesday, and by "we," I mean other people, and by "early," I mean 4pm. I left at 4:45pm. Because I never leave on time and it's starting to piss me off. Also, I do a lot of shit that isn't in my job description (fetching lunches, calling tire places, taking calls during lunch, taking calls in the back when there is a person right there to take it, etc). OK, had to vent, done now.

Anyway, Thursday, I cleaned out my file drawers at home (yes, I am going the shred the stuff I am tossing) and went to Mom and Dad's for shrimp. When I got home I made steak teriyaki and spinach dip for the next day, not bad, but too spinachy

On Friday, we had our Thanksgiving. M & D met the Teacher (they like him) and Roomie, BF, Teacher and Matt were my guests for dinner. We had a table away from those with children (because, you really do want to be able to curse and talk about lewd things at the table without fear or warping young minds). This was also the family birthday celebration. I got cards and giftage. The Teacher gave me a framed picture of Japan (he took it and it's pretty). I stayed at M & D's house that night (it was snowing and I was very tired). Also, the Teacher is deathly allergic to my dogs and was such a trooper, wheezing through photo albums and questions from my parents.

Saturday (actual birthday, it feels weird to say I am 26), Mom and I went shopping, I only had to go to Wal-Mart to get some gift cards, she had to go all over, so I tagged along. Then the Teacher came over to celebrate and we looked at his Germany album (featuring a holiday market) and went to the local German HolidayMarket and ate and drank and ate some more. We got mugs. Matt joined us later.

Sunday, having gathered every holiday movie ever made, I set out candy and cookies and ordered pizza and had a holiday fest of my own. We decorated the tree, put out all my Christmas knickknacks, put on carols and watched 5 movies. Very fun.

Monday shaped up to be hell. The office holiday party is coming and I am very behind schedule and no one is RSVPing (which is just rude, look at your calendar, see if you can make it and let me know. Don't just look at the invitation and not do anything). Anyway, I have help this year from our PR person, but she's young and knows nothing, but has power, so it's a pain.

Hope you are all well. My leftovers are gone, albeit one slice of turkey.

1 Comments:

At 11:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could journal your work day and send it to the writers of The Office. Priceless :) You go BL !

M

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home