Sunday, February 01, 2009

Beggars and Choosers

I was at my parent's house for my mom's birthday dinner. We were all there, LLS, LLSP, Youngest, Baby Daddy, Weston, Sue and Charlie, Dad, etc. And we are laughing and eating and joking and I make a comment about dating and not wanting to waste my time on "filler" guys (people you date to fill the time, they don't put in much effort, you really don't either) and Youngest actually says the phrase, "beggars can't be choosers." Oh Hell No!

One: I have never had to beg for anything in my life.

Two: If I wanted to date, I would.

Three: Why waste my time on someone who isn't worth it.

Four: I am choosy for a reason, the pickings are slim out there if you hadn't noticed.

Five: I will not take dating/love/relationship advice from a 23 year old who...I am not even going to go there, I am far too mature.

When I want to date, I will.

When/If I want to have children, I will.

When I find the time to kick Youngest's ass for the comment, I will. Swiftly and severely, I am freakishly strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home