Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

It is official. At 6:56pm PST or rather 7:56 MST, I turned 28. How does one celebrate this momentous occasion. If I had my way, i.e. I ruled the world, I would have had the day off to relax and reminisce about the past 28 years. Instead, I worked. Not so bad really as throughout the day, I received calls and texts wishing me a very happy b-day. Thanks everyone! This evening, the great and wonderful BF took me to a very fancy dinner. And by fancy, I mean an entree was the price of our usual total bill. It was fancy!

He thinks I'm special and deserves a fancy night out. Who knew these men existed?

Had the family party on Sunday with the parents and sisters, BF joined us. Dad must like him because he asked what kind of beer he should get for Jace. Very nice gesture. Great dinner, awesome birthday Key Lime Pie (I don't do cake) and a fabulous game of Trivial Pursuit. Which we won. By two pie pieces. Yeah! Only the second time I have ever beaten my father, it felt so good!

I didn't do the usual 5 parties this year (all friend group outing, family, boyfriend only celebration, work lunch, girlfriends gab and gossip brunch), I just don't have the time. With a full time job and a full time boyfriend, I am surprised I have the energy to go upstairs and get a piece of the complimentary coconut cream pie from the fridge (I'm not going to, too stuffed with swordfish and Burgundy).

Best Birthday Ever!

2 Comments:

At 8:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing that would have made it the perfect family dinner would have been if your nephew was there. Another birthday...another time. MOM

 
At 10:13 PM , Blogger Travelingrant said...

Hah. Happy Bday. Do I at least get a second place mention? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home