Wednesday, July 19, 2006

What Color is Our Handbasket Today?

I really do not like to get political, but...I have too.

My thoughts on the impending WWIII that is waging in the Middle East right now (or why I will soon be disowned):

Just remember, there are 6 sides to every di (die?) and well, here are a few sides.

- We should never have intervened. We have a nasty habit of always going over and sticking our noses into other country's business when we have plenty to fix over here. Hello... deficit, gay marriage bans, constitutional injustice. Intervening and/or going to war has born fruit very few times in the many times we've done it. If it escalates any more, let me tell you now, I refuse to ration or sell war bonds.
- I recognize the Israelis' right to land and their homes, but to be perfectly honest, they took it from the Palestinians in the first place in 1947 upon the creation of the state of Isreal. I am not saying that the continued violence in this area is justified, but I can see where is comes from and then got completely out of hand on all levels when citizens started listening to the wrong extremist.
- I will never, ever support this war, only the soldiers that fight in it with honor. The ones that apparently rape and kill for kicks...Are a whole different fish. I am not one of those innocent until proven guilty people, the guy looks shifty, he's gonna fry.
- Blah, blah, retaliation, blah, blah, defending our soil, blah. An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind.
- I have never supported our president in anything he has ever done. I do not think he is the right person to lead the free world and I think his actions these last 6.5 years are reprehensible and wholly unbecoming of the Office.

Back to happier things.

I think my salad at lunch was spiked with something cause my eye was twitchy and I saw dots after I ate it. Either that or the sickness has spread to my brain and I must be destroyed.

I have a new reader, everyone say hi to Shea. We work together and she has a cute dog and therefore we must embrace her into the YSR family. We may be disfunctional but at least we're fun.

My cat continues to be a howling, yowling bitch. She pounced on me this weekend. POUNCED! And did I mention it was 7am on Saturday when she did this? Crazy demon cat. I love her anyway, she is very lovable when you need it (and I have this week) and when you don't (she likes to sit on my chest when I get into bed at night while she settles down (ha!) for the night. As soon as I stop petting her, she (sometimes) goes to her spot at the end of the bed (leaving a rather expensive cat bed unused, I might add).

I found a date for Panic at the Disco. My boy date fell through (boys suck!) so I procured a girl date in Oldest Friend JoAnna. She will buy me drinks and not expect anything at the end of the night, which is always refreshing.

I think I am going deaf. My own damn fault though. I listen to my "damn" music way too loud (quote from Dad). But I am going to partially blame the cackling hyenas. I need the music to drown them out. They are so very annoying. It is totally thier fault if I have to pull a partial Helen Keller.

7 Comments:

At 6:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Shea! Welcome to the club. Boys are stupid. Who in their right mind would ditch you? I've met you and you are so cute and smart. Hope you and friend have fun at the concert. Let us fellow admirers know how the concert is.

 
At 10:15 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

I love fans!

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger sheashedeed said...

Thanks for the welcome anonymous! Liz is brilliant! She has inspired me to start writing more often!

 
At 4:06 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

I feel so loved!

 
At 9:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At 6:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 
At 1:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home