Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Newses

As you may have read before in this very blog, I do not like my job very much and haven't for a long time. For one thing, I do not have a marketing background nor the attitude required for the position. I cannot see myself there for years to come, so today I gave my 2 weeks notice. Yes, it is shocking, but I am not worried. I have money saved up and I am calling an employment agency that I have gone through before tomorrow. Since I graduated college, I have only been unemployed for a total of 5 weeks. And I really don't count the first week 'cause it was my "I just graduated fun" week. I have been looking at Monster.com for the past couple of weeks and the jobs that I am looking for are out there, so again, I am not worried.

OK, yes, I am. I am scared to death. I have never been unemployed while living on my own. But plenty of people do it. I will be ok.

Because when I made the decision, it felt like a huge weight was lighted from me and the knot in my stomach loosened up a little.

And mom... I know.

5 Comments:

At 2:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poodle, don't you know the rule? Never quit a job untless you have a new one lined up. BIG FAT DUH.

 
At 5:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LLS is right but as always we are behind you all the way. Will you get a good letter of recommendation? We need to talk.

 
At 8:07 AM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Yes, i have alraedy been offered a letter of rec. this is a good move for me. I know it's sudden, but my resume is ready.

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger sheashedeed said...

Everything will be great as long as you can find something that you are passionate about! I came in this morning and was shocked! How neglectful of me to not know for almost a week (though my excuse is because I was completely drunk for the last week and only really had 1 functional brain cell, lol! I'm up to 3 now!)...Liz, going to miss you!

 
At 1:43 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

I'll miss you too. We will have to hang out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home