Saturday, August 05, 2006

Tales from the Mountain Women

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday so I took the day off. I deserved it. While at the doc, I was convinced of the beauty of the day and decided not to waste it. I left the doc's office, paid $30 for gas (!) and went up to the mountains.

It was beautiful. The wind rushing through my freshly cut hair. Yes, I cut my hair on Thursday night. It is super cute.

Anyway...I went to Buffalo Bill's grave, 'cause I'm morbid and I like that sort of thing. It was fun, the giftshop was overpriced (they wanted $10/lb for fudge) but I still bought postcards. I wanted one of those really big posters Bill used to use to advertise his traveling show. No luck, just little ones.

I learned everything I would need to know about Buffalo Bill (it was a very informative museum for how small it was). Very cool guy. He, among other things, advocated women's and Native American rights.

I went to a buffalo restaurant for lunch. I always pass this place and never go so this was the perfect opportunity. The buffalo was a little dry, but the fries were great.

Lots of people took the day off, the restaurant was packed. I sat on a landing and observed small and large groups coming in and out. It will be fall soon, might as well get out while you can. That is what the Middle is for.

Let's talk about the joy of buffalo for a minute. They may not be cute, but they sure do taste good. Buffalo hot dogs, meatloaf, BBQ sandwiches...Heaven.

Then I explored the town for a while. You wouldn't believe what passes as real estate these days. Historic mining structure = shack on land requiring a 4x4 to get to. The real estate office was next to the ice cream parlor.

Anyway, I went to some very cute stores and bought a tee shirt that I have been trying to get from a long time. I tried making it, buying it online...It says "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy." Sage advice.

Then I napped.

1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you are feeling good about your doctor's appt. Call your mother.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home