Thursday, August 10, 2006

Oh, my day

When Kathy the Uber Non-Troll Troll (this is a new title) came into my office today and told me that she wouldn't be able, or willing, to print out the materials I sent here for tomorrow's meeting and that I would have to make copies of all my research, I was a little upset. She basically said that my work, my job was not worth her time or consideration. Considering she comes to my meetings, takes up space and copies and contributes nothing but an annoying vocal tone, I don't have much use or respect for her.

All people should have a purpose if they choose to make themselves part of your work life. Especially if this work takes 9-12 hours a day. And I don't like being a tree killer. So, simply put, she can bite me.

Review of the Week: Almost Famous, starring Patrick Fugit, Kate Hudson and Billy Crudup.

I love this movie, I have it in my collection. The story of a young man trying to find himself while on tour with and up and coming rock band is a dream of mine. It inspired me to become a journalist (along with those 2 years of journalism classes in high school). I wanted to work for Rolling Stone when I saw it. And while I don't want to work for Rolling Stone anymore (ok, yes, I really do) I would love to do what William did...travel with a band, record and write. That, my friend would be heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home