Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Unemployment, Day 2

So, my entire family is being very supportive of my semi-self imposed unemployment. And that rocks, usually, they would be on my case, calling every 5 minutes to see how the job search was going. But they are being so laid back about it. Either they are on some really good drugs (and I want some...sharing is caring) or they think I am an adult, which I don't even think, and therefore it's not true. Yes, I pay income tax and have a car, but I certainly do not think of myself as an adult

So, I decided to take a day for myself today. It's the only one I will not spend searching for, applying for and following up on jobs (although I called my job counseler this afternoon to check in). Tomorrow begins the massive search. I decided this because I was hung over and yeah...

I went to Brett and Wes's house last night for dinner. It was great. We talked and laughed and ate Brett's delicious food. He is very culinary and makes very strong gin and tonics. We also broke out this bottle of wine I gave them when they moved into their beautiful house. I want this house. It's huge, has like 25 rooms and a great backyard. And their landlords are like family to them now and that is what I want. I had a great time.

I mailed the thank you note today. I am a lady, you know.

2 Comments:

At 7:51 PM , Blogger sheashedeed said...

I got my social security statement in the mail today...retirement's just around the corner! You can use me as a personal reference if you'd like!

 
At 11:51 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Please, I get AARP stuff in the mail.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home