Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Housing Scrabble

I am so despareate, I would live here.


So Vieve and I are looking for a house. We can't get a hold of Daria, ever so we are just going to find a house by ourselves and just make her live in it. Kidding...but we can't get a hold of her and V's and my schedule is pretty similar and we live so close together that it is easier for us to get together and find a house. Anyway...

We had an appointment to look at a house in the area we want, but the woman didn't have a key (current tenants forgot to leave her one). So we looked in the windows and rescheduled. We are going back to look at it on Wednesday. But when we were exploring the neighborhood (something that required better shoes than the ones I was wearing) we found a few more and made appointments to see them. And on Appointment Day they had been rented. This has happened before. Why schedule a walk thru when someone is in the process is applying for the rental? It's very frustrating for the people that have to schlep down there only to get the message that it has been rented.

Went to a Memorial Day party at Jo's house yesterday. Very fun, brought the Banker along and then convinced him to take me to the walk thru that wasn't. Then dinner and a movie at his place. It was another 12 hour date.

7 Comments:

At 9:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because houses/apartments are being shown on a regular basis, a lot of times a tenant is found between the time you made the appointment and the time you show.

Moi

 
At 9:56 AM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Dear Moi, One Day! It was one day in between appointment set up and cancellation. One Day! I need to find a cheap broker. Would it be bad to find someone on Match only for their job in real estate?

 
At 10:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I here you. Sometimes things just fall into your lap, and sometimes you have to climb that mountain just to find out there's another 5000 feet to go and it's starting to rain.

I see you've been in my neck of the neighborhood with that picture on the front page :)

Moi

 
At 10:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sp hear /sp

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger chinchilla said...

Ya, from what I've seen it's way too early to start looking. The places that are for rent now, are usually available right now, and no one's going to hold a place for us until August 1st without collecting rent.

I know it's really frustrating bc I for one would like to get it all settled and have a place locked down, but I don't think it'll happen.

Sorry I'm hard to get a gold of! I didn't realize!

 
At 10:52 AM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

It's ok. I know your schedule is totally different from ours. And you are right about the availability of places.

 
At 4:25 PM , Blogger chinchilla said...

Also, I'm just really busy at making sure that my phone is out of my purse and some where where I can hear it....and then I'm bad at returning the calls I miss - mea culpa.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home