Thursday, December 06, 2007

Ventillation

If you do not want to read the following bitch, stop now.

I have stress, lots of stress, mountains of stress, oceans of stress. I am shaking I am so stressed.

I work with 15 people in my office and another 75 or so out in our properties. AND THEY ALL WANT SOMETHING FROM ME!!

And they just don't care, I am a human dammit, I can only do so much before I snap. And I am not fucking cranky!!

I am doing all the menial things that may take 5 minutes out of their 2 hour lunch. These include printing and stapling legal documents which probably too k longer to email me and ask me to print than it did to do the task; Stuffing treat bags for the holiday party because everyone else is a lazy bastard and even though they said they would help, they didn't; creating folders, buying folders, labeling folders. DO IT YOURSELF!

The company holiday party is tomorrow, who has to do all the planning, negotiating, decorating, coordinating. ME! And they want daily RSVP updates, look at the website like I do. FUCK!

I am being pulled in so many different directions, I think I promised someone my first born the other day.

The last straw: someone wants a candy dish to be always stocked at my desk. Which means I have to chat with people, buy candy, make sure it's stocked. I don't want to chat, I don't want to buy candy, I buy enough shit for this office. I don't want to have to remember another useless task.

I have worked a 55 hour week this week. Will I get paid overtime. NO! I am salary. I asked to be switched back to hourly so I could be compensated for my time. The response: "Your position is one of a lot of expectations, and you know how high the company's expectations are. So we are going to keep you at salary and we will not pay you for the overtime you worked or for the Saturday you spent here decorating for OUR holiday party (I get credit for nothing)."

Translation:
We are fucking cheap bastards who don't want to pay anyone more than we have to, no matter how much they do around here or how many more hours they work. Also, you aren't getting a raise because you suck
(I had my review this week).

Also, I haven't really done my shopping for the holidays, can't really afford them anyway.

9 Comments:

At 3:29 PM , Blogger Merlicious said...

Look for a new job. I recommend anything at a University or other school setting. It rocks.

 
At 3:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will help you. MOM

 
At 6:51 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

No, it's a good job, and thank you mom, but I can't have my mommy come in a do my work. No matter how good that sounds. I am just going to take a few days off.

 
At 10:53 PM , Blogger Travelingrant said...

Vacation time is good, but you know, looking for a new job might not be a bad idea... just something to keep in mind.

At least the party will ROCK.

 
At 9:20 AM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Thanks hon.

 
At 2:01 PM , Blogger chinchilla said...

Don't let an aversion for the unknown keep you from being happier...life's too short.

.....said the pot to the kettle...

 
At 1:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that you should lick every piece of candy before you stock the dish. It will make you happy every time someone comes by and takes one....

 
At 11:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better yet, let Coco lick all the candy...MOM

 
At 2:46 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

You people are evil, I like it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home