Monday, January 21, 2008

Dark Days

I am laden with a heavy heart as I write this. My sweet, little Nugget passed away last Sunday night. It has been a tough week for everyone, but the outpouring of love and support has been tremendous.

Here is how the week went:

Monday: Mom, Dad and Sue (person I house-sit for) came to my office to tell me what happened. I knew something was wrong because Mom looked like she was had just/going to cry and they never bring Sue to the office. I lost it completely. I went to M&D's house to be with them. TG came later and held me.

Tuesday: Went to be with Youngest. Cleaned her house and just laid in bed with her.

Wednesday: Went back to work, though I had a temp at the front so I could wallow in the back room.

Thursday: More work, explanations at work of what happened, which I am cutting everyone off from. He is gone, you don't need to know how and I don't understand why. Went back to M&D's house that night. Grandparents, aunts, uncle, cousin, sister in town now.

Friday: The viewing, horrid, absolutely horrid. JoAnna came to to be with me and held me up as I went to go see our baby. He didn't look like himself so I could only get within 3 feet of the casket (LLS put a picture of the aunties and Brennie in the casket). I want to remember him as soft and laughing so that is what I am going to do.

Saturday: Funeral, which was beautiful but very sad. There were over 200 people there to show their love for our families. I couldn't stop crying.

He never knew a day without love, or hugs or footie pajamas and for that I am grateful. He will always be in our hearts and thoughts.

4 Comments:

At 3:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grammy misses him too much!!! MOM

 
At 3:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grammy misses him too much!!! MOM

 
At 3:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said a prayer for you today
And know God must have heard.
I felt the answer in my heart
Although He spoke no word.

I didn't ask for wealth or fame
I knew you wouldn't mind,
I asked Him to send treasures
Of a far more lasting kind.

I asked that He'd be near you
At the start of each new day
To grant you health & blessings
And friends to share your way.

I asked for happiness for you
In all things great & small.
But it was for His loving care
I prayed for most of all.

© Unknown Author

 
At 3:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so, so, so, so, so sorry.

Warmest and most sincere wishes to you and your family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home