Friday, January 04, 2008

New Year Update

There are many things that must be discussed. First of all, I hope you all had a great new year, I know I did.

The gang, of which I am a very new member, but who welcomed with open arms when I started dating TG (mostly, I think because they really needed another girl to join since Colleen was the only one), got all dressed up in our sparkly dresses and snazzy suits and hit the town. First it was dinner at Thai Basil and then drinks and dancing at The Jet Hotel, this very swanking establishment downtown. There was supposed to a some sort of James Bond themed party there, but can you really consider a few JB posters on the walls and some incredibly bitchy waitresses to be a theme? Not really, but it was fun nonetheless. Many drinks later we walked, some were carried, to the train. Which, while waiting for, TG and I got a little cozy since it was THREE DEGREES OUTSIDE!

There was a boy, yes boy, he was 21, on the train who was so obnoxious, loud and drunk that I thought at least 5 people would lay the beat down on him. He kept egging them on with, "I'm 21 tonight, c'mon, hit me, I can't feel a thing." Thankfully, we got off the train before someone took him up on his offer.

At this point, I must mention that my feet are swollen so much that I can't walk. They had to bring the car around to me, I have great friends.

Also, since it was THREE DEGREES OUTSIDE! when TG and I got back to my house, our legs were like blocks of ice, at least he got to wear pants. I was in my new sparkly dress, legs and neck exposed (all pinned up and twisty, the hair, not the legs). I got a lot of compliments on that dress though.

We got our requisite 8 hours of sleep, which I supplemented with an additional 5 hours later that day, all while pissing off the Mom. I was supposed to go back home and have dinner, but Chez M&D seemed so far away, especially with my wonderful bed just beckoning me back in.

So he's been tired all week, and I have been a chipper little chipmunk. Course, I live on caffeine and sunshine.

It was a wonderful night, spent way too much money, but that is what you do on New Year's Eve...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home