Monday, February 18, 2008

Valentine's Day - Belated


I experienced my first Valentine's Day last Thursday. No, I have not been living under a rock. I got the elementary school V-Days where you made a paper basket and everyone gave you a card. No, I got my first one as an adult. Yes, I have been with people on V-Day, but either he or I were too cynical to celebrate. Being a more positive person now than I once was, I wanted to celebrate, but not celebrate.

So TG invited me over for dinner. I bought a card and some chocolate for him. I dedicated the card to him with my usual Valentine's message: "It's not a real holiday," but this year I added, "but I do love you." Can we all say awww.

He cooked dinner. It was very good.

He also gave me a chocolate flower and hearts. Very sweet.

It was a very good V-Day.

Now, you all need to learn something, so look up: Lupercalia.

Impress your friends, have something to talk about at parties.

2 Comments:

At 11:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that you had a good day, but you might want to change that abbreviation. Getting VD or having VD is never really a good thing, and I don't think there's a good kind....

 
At 1:46 PM , Blogger Merlicious said...

Yeah, call it V-Day (VD is what the old people call Venereal Disease). Ick!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home