Monday, February 04, 2008

Rocks are Hard

In honor of Super Bowl 42 (yes, I know the number, only because I flipped passed the channel right as they were awarding the Vince Lombardi Trophy to the Giants), TG and I decided to walked through a very cool cave system here in the Middle called "The Grands." It has a very interesting history and our guide was a strange, small man named Adam who scared the bejeezzus out of me with his stories (I was fine near the end though, but I swear I saw the ghost of the first owner of the caves, his name was George).

So we drove down to the caves, paid our exorbitant entrance fee (they aren't national parks and don't get Federal monies, so it's OK to pay through the nose, I am supporting cave conservation and the scary guide's salary) and went in, lanterns (yes, lanterns) ablaze. Many ghost stories and stalactites and stalagmites later, we were near the end of our "Voyage to the Center of the Earth"-like journey when I stood up too soon and hit my head really hard on the cave ceiling. True to what Adam said at the beginning (you weren't there: he said, if you hit your head, say "rock is hard" to warn those behind you, if you happen to miss it, turn and laugh because you did miss it and they didn't). So the 2 people behind me were warned and TG laughed at me. That's fine now as it doesn't hurt anymore, but he owes me booze, damnit. All in all, it was a good day and so pretty up there. TG had pics and I will try and finagle a few from him soon.

2 Comments:

At 9:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job search, and I hope you find one doing something you love to do.

Glad this job's still in tact :)

M

 
At 4:08 PM , Blogger Merlicious said...

Rocks are hard...and hilarious. Twenty-five days until the big move!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home