Thursday, January 31, 2008

Update on Life

Many things dear sweet readers. Many things:

I got fired on Friday, but am taking no time to grieve (I hated that job anyway, or is that just a rationalization for my broken heart and psyche? Deep man, deep). I took Monday to do nothing but clean my house. I spent Tuesday at Kinko's working on my resume. Wednesday and today at employment agencies and telling the Mom. Very supportive my mama is.

Do you know how annoying it can get to answer the same questions over and over. I should just make a video of my skills (not those skills, perverts!) and make them watch it instead of all these tests and interviews.

Heterosexual Life-Mate JoAnna, soon to be unemployed as well and I commiserated on Friday with food and wine. We drank 2 bottles of wine between us and watched "Happy Feet." We both passed out afterward and I spent the night there on her couch. That is what friends are for.

Since TG has his own place now, a better TV than me and a better DVD collection, I have been spending a lot of time over there. Tres nice. Last night we watched "Stardust" (from my Netflix people). Which is a very sweet movie, highly recommended. I am getting "Across the Universe" next.

So, maybe not many things, but big things.

5 Comments:

At 5:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something better will come along. There is always a reason for these things. Got my people looking into a job for you. Keep your spirits up, your head high and look to a happier and bright future. Keep the faith man. MOM

 
At 6:28 PM , Blogger Merlicious said...

Since we are telling Mom stuff now, this is as good a time as any. MOM--AP and I are moving to Colorado! Be excited! It's going to happen as soon as we have the money required for a townhouse and the cost of the U-Haul in the bank. More details to come when I call you this weekend.

 
At 8:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YIPPPEEE!!!!! Turning somersaults and you know how hard and embarrassing that can be in my office...call with details. You can stay with us till you get jobs and are settled. I suppose I should ask dad first. Pretend I did not say that. All my chicks in one basket...I can hardly wait. XXXOOOXXXOOO to both of you. MOM

 
At 11:43 AM , Blogger Merlicious said...

It's going to take us s few months to get all the money we need to do this, but the plan is definitely going to happen. The wheels are in motion. I am very excited!!!

 
At 4:18 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Stop using my blog to carry on this conversation. Call each other damnit!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home