Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday

What is up my people? I am good. Closing in on one week of honest work (except for that part where I stole some office supplies from the wrong cabinet, I gave 'em back though. Completely honest mistake, nearly harangued by an office harpy though. In her mind, I am totally going to that special ring of hell reserved for lawyers, people who take supplies from the wrong closet on their first day and those who talk in theaters).

Anyway, I jumped onto the David McCullough band wagon and am thoroughly immersed in "John Adams." Dave is my hero and because of him, I have added Adams to my list of favorite presidents. It's a list now, fore there are two. Lincoln, my first love and now Adams, my second.

I hate that I am reading such a great book because it is a mini-series, but I don't get to see that mini because I have the crappy cable and I do love history. Besides, it was written 7 years ago. Ample time for it to ruminate on the shelf, waiting my my glorious eye to set upon it and take it home and read in my bare feet and shoulders on the patio. Beautiful weather we've been having, BTW.

So I am talking to me mum tonight and since it has been at least six months since she bugged me about finding a man and populating the Earth, she mentioned a dating website to me. And FREE, no less. I must join now! I have to have a man!! I am nothing without someone to treat me badly!!! Because that is how it's been the last few years and the last few guys I have dated. Insults in the guise of improvement suggestions, emotionally retarded, complete lack of concern or attention to my feelings, valid or not. I don't need it, honestly.

I am happy and reasonably content with my existence right now. I am not looking to date, I do not want to date. If anyone says, "Oh, then, this is when you are going to meet HIM. The man of yo dreams and wishes is going to magically appear now that you are happy with you," I swear to an unholy god that I will do bad things to you. I work for an energy company now. Don't think I won't find a way to shut off your utility.

I am going back to John now. He satisfies me in ways no man can. He being dead and a genius and all.

6 Comments:

At 10:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG So sorry to have hurt your feelings. I don't care if you date or not. But sometimes "I don't want to date" means I'm hanging till the right one comes along. I'm thrilled you are content with life. what else could a mother ask for? Love you! MOM

 
At 8:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's some dating advice: don't try so hard! Usually when you're looking too hard you settle on the first appealing one. I'm not saying don't look, but let men come to you.

 
At 2:43 PM , Blogger Gus said...

"Oh, then, this is when you are going to meet HIM. The man of yo dreams and wishes is going to magically appear now that you are happy with you"

:-) hahah, please don't shut off my electricity!!! :-)

 
At 5:45 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

No dating, no looking - I am cool.

 
At 11:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

People don't like other people to be too happy. Why? I know not. Contentious regarding content people?

 
At 2:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was going to say something along the lines of *POOF* "Lo, for I have appeared."
but I won't, I need power to run my stuff.

Great post by the way, made me laugh!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home