Monday, April 07, 2008

The Price We Pay



For the past few months, I have been conducting an experiment.

My results are as follows:

Between May 11, 2007 and April 3, 2008, I spent roughly $610.46 on fuel for my car (I am pretty sure I lost a few receipts). Yeah, more than 600 bucks on gas. That is more than I pay in rent on my house each month.

When I started driving, gas prices were 89 cents a gallon. I could fill my tank for less than ten dollars and it was awesome. Now I spend 40 bucks a pop at the pump every other week.

This is one of the reasons I plan to walk to work as much as possible.

Oh, by the way, I start on Wednesday.

Yea!

1 Comments:

At 9:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're doing well.

The average commute in my area is about 25 miles. I see a lot of SUVs during my commute. Consider how much a fool commuting in an SUV 30 miles each way and sitting in traffic going 10mph pays each month.

for $3.30/gal, 15 mpg fuel efficiency,

(1200/14) * $3.50 = $280/mo in gas.

When we hit $4.00/gal, that's $320.

M

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home