Friday, May 30, 2008

Go Gov

So I was listening to the radio on my way to work this morning. Well, as I drove half way and prepared to walk half way. Anyway, on a little news blurb that is so appropriate for our ADD culture of give it to me now and make it quick, there was mention of our dear governor, who I like immensely and how he signed into law a ban on discrimination against homosexuals, transgenders and I would assume bi-sexual. How sad is it that we need laws like this. People are people, no matter the color of their skin, where they live or who they choose to love and/or sleep with.


Being different, actually, let me rephrase that, being human (we are all unique and therefore different) is a blessing. If we were all the same, it would be so very dull. I would continue to date the same men over and over again. Oh, wait, I do that now. Never mind, it is still a blessing. If I didn't have the LLS and the LLSP, I would be so deficient in the ways of the gay world. I would never have gone to Pride-Fest, I would never have gone to the g@y bar last week. Being different (unique, what have you) is good and we shouldn't have to sign laws to make it so.

Although, living in a red state, this is kind of progressive. So, Go Gov. You rock.

1 Comments:

At 2:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Variety is the spice of life. I am very thankful for pockets of liberalism that exist away from the coasts and big cities: Austin, Boulder, Madison, etc.

M

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home