Saturday, February 21, 2009

Whose Your Valentine

My social life as of late has been pretty limited. Yes, I have friends, but they have lives and I am, by comparison, lame. For example, last night, Friday night, I re-organized my closet and scrubbed my bathroom. I was in bed, drooling, by midnight.

In defense, my lack of social-ness has it's advantages: I am not sick today from drinking too much last night (and I was able to get up early and go to the gym); I am not going broke from hefty bar tabs, restaurant tickets or cover charges (and in this economy, you need all the help you can get); I am not worried that I hooked up with some diseased miscreant (you know how I fear disease) who may stalk me and cause me a world of pain. I know this because I rarely go out, I just don't feel the need.

When the urge does come over me, however, I do venture beyond the shadow of my wing of the apartment. I call people, I go into the city, I have a good time. Next week I am going out for Asian cuisine with a friend. Next month I am snow-shoeing for breast cancer, which sounds like so much fun. Not the cancer, but the snow-shoeing, I have never been.

1 Comments:

At 5:42 PM , Blogger Matt said...

Not lame.

And snowshoeing is fun as heck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home