Monday, August 03, 2009

Damnit, I Like Him

I am going on a 5th date tonight.

And G-damnit, I like this boy.

This is a relatively new (recently rediscovered at least) concept and feeling for me. I am actually excited. But also terrified. My past relationships have not been the best. I have not been beaten, but there are some emotional (or lack of emotion) scars). I have a tendency to jump into the physical part before even trying to establish a connection. This has left me unfulfilled and bitter.

I am usually running for the hills at this point.

But no more, I have been cynical about dating for far too long.

Now is a time for change, to live by the heart, instead of the head and other parts of my anatomy.

6 Comments:

At 11:13 AM , Blogger Matt said...

Good on you!!

 
At 2:27 PM , Blogger sheashedeed said...

He sounds nice...I say go for all the making out you feel like doing! Maybe you can bring him to my housewarming? :)

 
At 2:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep it in your pants for as long as yuo can. The sex thing just makes things awkward too quickly. MOM

 
At 7:13 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

I will take that under advisement. Man, Mom, you've gotten all prudish since you became a Grammy.

 
At 7:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I've just gottten wiser and I've seen what works and what doesn't work. MOM

 
At 6:25 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Yeah, gotta say, not so much fun.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home