Friday, July 10, 2009

So many things

Gotta catch up...

Saw Public Enemies, loved it.

Didn't go camping over 4th of July weekend. Wouldn't have needed my tent, but sharing an outhouse with 11 people did not sound very appealing that weekend. Plus couples, might as well kill me now. Instead got drunk way too early in the day on the 3rd and watched fireworks from a friend's roof.

I went to the John Denver Tribute concert, it was super. I am a fan, not an uber-fan, I am not one of those people who cries at the mere sight of a certain artist but I enjoy the music of the late Mr. Denver. I was in the 7th row! I have never been that close at Red Rocks, I am usually relegated to the mid-nosebleeds, but I got there early and got in line to walk the ramp up about 20 people back, it was great. I over paid for stadium food (I chose not to tailgate the show, unlike many others). You have to love that $8 beer (I had one). I didn't know most of the songs in the first act, but almost all of them in the second. Also, special treat, John Denver's mom and brother were there as were two members of his original band and they played on stage! It was magnificent. Although, during the encore (Rocky Mountain High - The Colorado State song, one of them at least), the chick in front of me started freaking out. I am thinking she was a former neo-hippie.

So, I am sure you are asking how my Cocoa Bean is. After a second opinion from a very cute vet, she will need surgery. That will probably happen next month.

You must be wondering what a happenin' chick does on a Friday night. Well, I don't know, I am not hip. I plan on getting drunk and putting away my laundry. Exciting, isn't it? Please, do not envy my life. Go about yours as best you can.

1 Comments:

At 11:49 PM , Blogger Matt said...

You were missed at the cabin.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home