Sunday, August 02, 2009

He was Smart...He Knew it, I Knew it and He Knew it Some More

So I met up with this guy for coffee. It was somewhat painful. He was "tired" and an "asshole." A killer combination.

Apparently, a week after a trip to Maine, he is still jet-lagged and exhausted from his activities out there. This led to not asking me questions, not appearing engaged at all and the increased awkwardness of this first date, already an awkward situation.

And apparently he is smart.

Since I don't know the details of Magellan's trip around the world, Italian martial arts or about some obscure 19th century dualist, he totally looked down at me.

I couldn't say anything right. At least he couldn't stop correcting me.

He was patronizing too and I hate that.

Kids, it was bad.

I am a smart girl, I have many interests and a lot of self confidence, and this putz made me feel inadequate. What a tool.

3 Comments:

At 10:09 AM , Blogger chinchilla said...

He sounds like a total douche. Random knowledge doesn't equal intelligence anyway. And if he was smart, he wouldn't ruin a date with a fabulous chick such as yourself.

 
At 2:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you kicked him to the curb. That would be the smartest thing to do. MOM

 
At 11:03 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Oh, yeah, he's done.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home