Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Yeah, so

My dog is dying. Max is 10. He's had arthritis since he was a puppy, but it's gotten a lot worse lately, he cries from the pain, little doggy tears. He is also going blind and deaf. So my parents have decided to put his out of his misery on Friday.

I am going over on Thursday with many cheeseburgers (his favorite) to be with him one last time and to say good bye.

He probably knows what's going on, he's very smart.

I know it's for the best in some sick way, this is no way for a dog to live, but he is my puppy! We've had him since she was a baby, with his big ol' moose feet, I named him for God's sake (his full name is Maxamillennium, it was 1999, sue me). I don't want him to go.

Jason stayed with me last night after I found out. He is a good man.

Yeah, so that is going well.

I also have a bullet wound from when I went shooting for the first time last week. It's from a casing, so you can stop freaking out Mom. I wasn't told you need to wear higher necked shirts so I wore something summery. I have 4 marks from where a spent casing came out of the gun, landed on my clavicle and stayed there for a few seconds.

But that doesn't much matter, I want my dog. We couldn't try acupuncture or something holistic?

5 Comments:

At 5:42 PM , Blogger Matt said...

I'm so sorry. Dogs are more a part of family than, anyone realizes. I had to do the same with my old dog years ago.

And as for your scarring at the range, I shoulda told you!!

 
At 5:46 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Thing is, he's not that old, if he were healthy, we'd have 5-6 more years.

 
At 6:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you all feel but Max can hardly walk and peeing is becoming a problem too. He needs comfort and he wants to see Brennan and Daisy. We've had lots of talks and he's ready.

 
At 8:46 AM , Blogger chinchilla said...

Sorry guys - I know he's had a life full of love and parties though.

 
At 8:46 AM , Blogger chinchilla said...

Sorry guys - I know he's had a life full of love and parties though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home