Friday, April 21, 2006

FRIDAY!

Today is Friday, yea! I am at work, boo! Oh well, I plan to make the most of my hopefully short day. I watched a great movie last night on TCM, "Young Bess," about Queen Elizabeth I as a young woman. QEI is my favorite monarch. Not many people actually have a favorite monarch, especially non-Europeans as America has never has had a monarch per say (except when you count that time before 1776-9). Anyway, the movie starred a young Deborah Kerr and Jean Simmons, who I love, she is just so cute yet strong on film. She starred with her husband at the time Stewart Granger, who I must say has an incredible voice. I am big on the voice. It was deep and soft and very romantic (Robert Evans also has a great voice). He was way too tan to play an Englishman, even though he is actually English. But hey, Hollywood never was for accuracy, it's for entertainment. Well, Simmons played Bess very strong, but quiet. It was a great movie. Charles Loughton played Henry VIII as insane with power who could change his mind about the fate of someone on a dime. Such a great character actor. The movie glossed over 3 kings and queens (Edward, Jane Grey, Mary), I guess for continuity purposes. I will have to add it to my collection anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home