Friday, December 29, 2006

Holidays

Well, they and the LLS finally arrived. We had the orgy of greed on Tuesday (Dec 26) when she was able to fly in and now she's stuck here with the latest onslaught from Mother Nature who I must say is great for getting me off work, but a total bitch for keeping me away from my cat for a week (not to worry, Matt is looking in on her periodically).

I got some great presents this year. I got this and this and this and I am spending time with my family, which is the greatest gift of all.

Oh, and I am going to be an auntie. Yes, the Youngest is having a baby. I am still very upset by this (I expected better things for her than getting knocked up like our cousins, who, I am sad to say, I look down on, she was supposed to have a career, get married and then have kids). She won't have an abortion (my suggestion) so I am dealing with it. I want her to name it have me. Cool Auntie Liz, has a nice ring, huh?

The following bit of conversation was heard at the breakfast table this morning, said be the LLS: "Baby track (points to Youngest), marriage track (points to self, yeah, she and the GF are planning on committing, what, I don't know), crazy cat lady track (points to me)." Just because I choose not to stay in relationships that will not last or have babies at way too young of an age and maturity level, I'm going to me the crazy cat lady? I DON'T THINK SO!

The LLS, for the entire time she's here, is trying to convince all of us how she's changed. I think the above convo is indisputable proof that he has not changed and is still the big beautiful bitch she's always been. This is also apparent when we sit down to play games.

So those are my holidays, we are taking the family picture today (something we can't get out of until we are married, new rule. I think 25 is a good cut off, but I have been overruled.

Hope all is well in your worlds. Happy New Year.

4 Comments:

At 9:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friends have always said that I'm a great judge of character. I don't know you nearly as well as others, but I do know you'll NEVER be that crazy cat lady. Anyone who says so, jest or not, is wrong. You're your own category, no doubt.

 
At 6:23 PM , Blogger chinchilla said...

The one thing that's worse than being alone, is being with the wrong person. Because alone you will have the opportunity to find the dark british accented knight of your dreams.

But.....I think the A word is not something you should ever suggest to someone; chances are that at that point, she's already thought about it and it's not for her. I am toooooootally pro choice, but still........would be deeply hurt by somebody saying I needed to do it........I'm not sure why, I'll explain it sometime over a box of Chardonnay?

 
At 6:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh, Betty Lou, you are not being very nice to me (the LLS). You know I have competition issues. This is why most of the time I choose not to play the board games with the fam. Besides, the cat thing was a joke. Duh, I have TWO beautiful cats. So lighten up.

 
At 10:40 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Sorry, suge, you were being especially bitchy this time around

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home