Thursday, March 15, 2007

All Accountants are...

I really do not like our head accountant. Not just because he is always smiling this very superior, fake smile, but because he’s a tool. He suggested the office get a time clock. This is just a way to control the minions (me) and I hate being put under control. Why get a clock for 3 people? PS - They are making the other accountants hourly. It’s not like it’s actually going to do anything. I have been on clocks before and they are pretty must useless. And it makes me feel like I am in a menial, uniform required job. It’s demeaning, honestly and he thinks he is so cool for doing this. What an ass. I overheard some ladies in the elevator talking about him. He got off first and another gentleman held back and let the ladies disembark before him. They said this man was “a real gentleman, not like that jerk” indicating the accountant in question.

2 Comments:

At 12:07 AM , Blogger Michael Songero said...

First off, you should know better than to make the teacher cracks. Some of us are damned good at what we do, good enough that we get piles and piles of advice seekers whether we want it or not. Now about work: let the guy get a clock and be subtle: start messing with the clock. Go with adjusting 15 min. at a time, then a hour, and build. From there, just start breaking clocks: if you can't torture the people you hate at work, you aren't having nearly enough fun. I've had quite a bit of experience with that. One last piece of advice, bettylou, the weather is changing and you've worried far too much about traffic and driving conditions this year. Save up and buy a motorcycle: scratch that, in your case get a Vespa. Who knows you might find it fun?

 
At 11:51 AM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

When and where did I ever say anything about teachers? Accountants, Dear Abby, yes, but never teachers, I love teachers, especially my sister, the soon to be teacher and my friends teaching abroad. The clock isn't bad; incidentally I will be getting paid more for coming in early and staying late. And I calmed down about it since it's not being instituted for my actions, but those of others.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home