Thursday, March 08, 2007

Licivious

I have a pencil sharpener on my desk. Never use it. I use mechanical pencils. It was left over from the previous tenant of my desk. Much like the 50 message pads, taking up room in the store closet.
We have auditors, one in particular who bugs the bejeezus out of me. He makes a point of coming to my desk to sharpen his pencils. Even though I put a sharpener in the back for him to use, he still comes to my desk to use mine. And he always says something. Either about my choice of lunch, the sharpness of his newly sharpened pencil or something else completely useless. And he leans. Most people would be courteous and reach an arm through while pardoning themselves. Not him, he gets right up in my personal space...my little Betty Bubble, which only a choice few are allowed to do. And sharpens....sharpens...sharpens. Who uses regular pencils anymore. We have the technology, use it!

But no more! Fore I have unplugged the sharpener and put in away in the back with the rest of the unused technology. Hopefully, he'll leave me alone.

3 Comments:

At 8:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't bet on it...sounds like he's a dweeb in the true sense. Love mom

 
At 9:48 PM , Blogger P said...

You need to mess with him. Move the sharpener around on your desk from day to day. Put it on the floor or on nearby cabinets. Hide it on some days, bring it out on others. Always act like nothing's changed. Plug it into a power bar that you can control with your foot so the power's off when he's trying to use it but then you can seamlessly turn it on and show him how it's done, all while giving him that "what the hell is wrong with you?" look.

 
At 9:50 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

I think hiding it will work

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home