Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I am Dweeb, Hear Me Roar

I realized yesterday that I am not a dork as previously thought. Dorks have a semblance of cool or can at least fake it. I am a dweeb (slang : an unattractive, insignificant, or inept person, also an unstylish, unattractive, or socially inept person). A cute one who can dress mind you, but a dweeb nonetheless. And a comic book one at that.

I realized this sad fact when I was talking to B#2 about getting new glasses.
I love men in glasses. He's getting them, Anyway, I made a reference to Clark Kent and Superman. And on our date last week, I talked about comic book heroes and how they never actually die (Captain American dies in the next issue of the Civil War series, BTW). And I talked about Highlander to Phil on Sunday. Oh, sweet Jesus, no wonder I had to turn to the computer to find a date.

I don't actually read super hero comics. Kind of boring. They've been rehashing the same stories for 50 years. I prefer girly comics. Bleu Monday, Hopeless Savages, Blankets, etc. Does this still make me a dweeb, hell yes!

And I am OK with this, because it's not all I can talk about and B#2 still seems interested, as we continue to talk and have a 3rd date planned for Sunday afternoon. We are going to the zoo.

2 Comments:

At 8:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an interesting dweeb that can talk about anything. Have fun at the zoo. You can wow him with all your flamingo trivia. I taught you well.
Love mom.

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Mom, the only thing I know about flamingos is that shrimp makes them pink. Not exactly wowing material. However, my knowledge of sloths and elephants will amaze and astound him.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home