Wednesday, March 07, 2007

OMG, the Laundry is Destroying Everything

I put away my laundry!! I know, I know. You are thinking this is insignificant. But considering I haven't actually performed this act since December. It's a big freakin' deal. I realized I hadn't put the laundry away since December when I found the shirt I wore to my parent's Christmas party at the bottom of one of the baskets.

It had all been previously living on my dining room table. It was happy there. Contented even. Settled. Then I started dating and people kept coming to my house to pick me up. What to do? Put it away? No. Hide it? Yes! So it shifted to the side of my bed closest to the closet. Which really impeded getting shoes. But I digress. And the pile kept getting bigger every week as I did laundry and kept adding to the collection. So, last night,I bit the bullet and put it all away before I took a shower and started in on "Spook," my new book by Mary Roach, I finished "Stiff" on Monday.

So there I am, folding and hangering my clothes, discovering things I had forgotten about and after an hour and a half, it was done. I stood proudly for a moment and surveyed my new land. Bed made and blanketed (I am trying a sleeping naked thing, it's slow going. I am trying to get ready for summer so it's not such a shock when it's too hot to sleep in clothes), quilts folded neatly on chairs. dresser stuffed and closet reordered. Then shower, book on the existential crisis that is the concept of the after life and sleep.

3 Comments:

At 8:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now don't you feel better about life in general. I think the cosmics shifted to a new place when all is in order within the laundry folding universe. I know I feel better. Love MOM

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Nice to know you are affected by my disorganized house. But it's all clean now.

 
At 4:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to worry LLS NEVER puts her laundry away either... aaahh living out of a basket

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home