Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Where's the Love?

I just realized how utterly heartless my boss is. Not the big boss, he's great, my direct supervisor. One of our bookkeepers' (we have 3) boyfriend's sons was in a really bad car accident (where his travelling companion died) last night and is in the ICU at a local hospital. I asked if we could send a little something over there, you know, show our support. Do you know the response I got:

"Well, she's not married to the guy and that's how I feel about that."

Awful, heartless, cruel.

Family is not legally binding agreements and blood. A family is the people to surround yourself with in good times and bad. They've seen you grow and change and become the person you are. I consider all my friends to be part of some sort of weird little family. Cause we're weird.

Joan is a wreck, she talked to one of the other bookkeepers this morning. She's been dating this guy for years and has known his kid just as long.

So I am going to send an encouragement card to Joan at the hospital. Me, the one with the heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home