Monday, April 16, 2007

Spook

I finished Spook last night and started on Death's Acre, which is about the body farm in Tennessee. They are written in a very similar style and I recommend both to you.

Spook is a discussion on the existence of the soul and whether or not there is life after death, ghosts, reincarnation, if mediums can talk to the dead and if consciousness exists after the body is gone. It's really fascinating how she does her research. And Mary Roach is funny, which is how I think you should approach death. With a giggle.

It is my second Roach and I plan on reading all her works.

Death's Acre is about William Bass' life as a forensic anthropologist. He takes you into some of his cases and teaches you why it is necessary to keep a wooded area in Tennessee scattered with corpses. I am only a few pages in but I like it.

Yes, I know I am weird. I like grave markers too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home