Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy 4th of July


I must say, the 4th is the best holiday. Other than my birthday that is. It will be a national holiday someday. I woke up this morning, the air ripe with the smell of ketchup. Yes, ketchup at 6am, some people start early.

I tried sleeping after puppy and bird duty, but couldn't so I got up and showered and went to Wal-Mart to pick up the things I was asked to bring to the party. And I needed a bathing suit (I wasn't about to drive 36 miles round trip just to get mine from home (and give Cocoa a false sense of "I'm home"), I just drove to the Mart and spent 15 bucks on a new top and some sleep shorts. All of which had the desired affect on Mr. Amazing.

Did you know Wal-Mart doesn't sell waffle fries? At least not at the store I went to. But I knew they were out there so I moved on to another store.

I found them at the grocery store later on.


Then, Mr. Amazing's house. I was the first to arrive at 1pm. I guess the "We'll be at the pool by 11:30am plan" was thrown out in favor of sleep.

Anyway, I arrive, the friends arrive. Mr. A and I go shopping. There was a cheese debate and 10 minutes of picking up and setting down. I think the final cheese choice was an excellent one. Deli sliced Cheddar, very tasty. Much beer was also purchased.

Then, It's onto the pool. It is a good pool and no one was having sex in the hot tub like last time. For some reason it was closed off and barricaded. I wonder why. We sit around and talk and drink and slathered sunscreen on each other I get some very complimentary things said about me by Mr. A. He makes me happy. I go and do puppy stuff and come back the party. BBQing ensues, we eat and drink and have fun and then I have to do more puppy stuff (also, the cutest gold retriever puppy was at the party, cutest!).

Before puppy stuff however are fire works, from a balcony, from all over the city. Lots of shows happening all over, it was beautiful. Also, I saw the guy from the grocery store (the one who never remembers my name, I'd link that post, but I can't find it) on the balcony, he gave me a beer and then shuffled off when he was introduced to my ketchup covered, 6 foot 1 BF. It was very funny.

And then alone time and a 5:30am wake up call because I have responsibilities that I couldn't pawn them off on anyone. Damn my well developed work ethic!

There was rain, but it never lasts long so it didn't dampen our spirits.


4 Comments:

At 12:54 PM , Blogger Mothership Wit said...

Yeah, if only my pool looked like that!

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

it's still a nice pool.

 
At 9:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy days. Did the Golden sprint for the water, or was he/she tethered ?

M

 
At 12:09 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Dogs aren't allowed in the pool area, he was just at the upstairs party.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home