Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Is it Safe - An Ode to Marathon Man

So I cleaned, cleaned, cleaned the house on Sunday, hoping to show it to a potential roommate. The first words out of her mouth when walking up the porch were " is it safe to live here?" Dumb bitch, yes! I have never had a problem. I have called the cops once in my time living here and that was because a couple of drunks were fighting in the street. Let's just say her comment did not endear me to her, but I am a lady and did not let that deter me from giving her the 5 cent tour.

Needless to say, she didn't want it. Honestly, I didn't want her. She was like Malibu Barbie with brown hair.

So the search continues. I am hoping for a friend to move in, not a stranger (stranger danger!) and have apparently (unbeknownst to me) enlisted the help of my parents who have already called all their friends. I would like to live alone, but that is not possible in the city with my pay scale.

Again, the search continues. Bah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home