Friday, April 21, 2006

FRIDAY, Part 2

I have been at work for a grand total of 1.5 hours, thanks to doctor's appointments and a send off lunch for a friend here at work. She is not leaving the company, just moving into another department within good ol' TSA.

Anyway, I keep getting calls from my Alumni Association, which I have been avoiding like the plague that they are. These well meaning freshman who are forced into this drudgery are trying to illicit money from me. That is all very well and good since I thoroughly enjoyed my university experience at UNC Greeley. However, I graduated 2 years ago and while I am making money, I have bills to pay, including a somewhat large one to said university. Why can't they be happy with the money the bank gave them while I was there. My specific school (journalism, can you tell) has an endowment that keeps them afloat. How do I know where this donation is going? It could go to one of our abysmal athletic teams or to an some kind of useless "class." I personally do not consider bowling a class (it's classified as gym, go fig). I would like an itemized list of where all my money went to while I was in school. I am sure some of it went to some of the great professors that I had, but if any of it went to the useless grad students who just rolled through the Power Point or couldn't answer a single Bio question, I want a refund.

I had some great teachers in Greeley. They were kind, they were brilliant, they knew everything. And I also had a Nazi (didn't stay in her class), someone who looked like a pedophile (didn't stay there either) and the worst of all: The Troll. He was small, cruel and belittling. He was cold hearted and condescending. If you met him, you would know why. You can criticize without being mean, it is possible, but he couldn't. Just not a good person, I pity his cat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home