Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Death Trip

Sounds more interesting than it is.

My family is crazy. Literally. Most of us have been, should be or are on medication. As an example of this craziness, my section of the clan is flying to Missouri in July to the smallest town in existence. You actually have to go to the next town over to go to Wal-Mart. Missouri in any weather is miserable, the humidity there rivals Pradesh in monsoon season and we will be there in JULY.

My mom explains this quite calmly (she has learned after years of being met with groans everything she announces a MO trip): "Your grandparents are getting older, they don't travel and you won't go on your own." Which is all very true. I have dubbed this excursion "The Death Trip." Morbid and incredibly mean, I know, but also funny, I think.

I looked on the town website (they have a website but no Wal-Mart, suspicious, no?) to see if anything is going on that I could do if my family gets out of hand (my mouth gets a little carried away) and tries to kill one another (although that would be fun to watch). I am not only missing the Civil War reenactment (end of June) , but also the BBQ Contest (August).

So in July, I will be in MO. Yup, MO.

Thankfully, The Crush has offered to rescue me while I am there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home