Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Weirdness That is Me

I am an odd girl, I will be the first to admit it. I go to art museums, movies and restaurants by myself. I like French films. I like to look at grave markers. They are are fascinatingly. You can tell how much someone was loved by a really good marker. I have actually cried after reading some.

I am not obsessed with death, I like to find out how these people lived through their markers. Were they married, did they have children and grandchildren? Did they die old or young? Did they make a mark on this planet? Invariably, the answer is usually less, if they didn't they're wouldn't have the loved ones to mark them.

My favorite site is http://www.beneathlosangeles.com, home of the Famous, the Infamous and the Just Plain Dead. It's very cool, I got one of my cousins hooked.

Markers are very overlooked pieces of art. Some of them are elaborate, some simple, some big, some small. All are beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home