Monday, January 22, 2007

Funky Monkey

Last night began the Sad Time. This is a time in the World of Betty wherein I mope around my house, eating popcorn in bed at 8pm, reading crappy sappy chick books and watching sad chick movies and generally feeling sorry for myself. It began with "Cold Mountain," which was on TV last night. Yes, I love Jude Law and want to not have his sweet cheating children. I want a lifetime of memories from a few brief moments. I do not however want to be writing letters to a dead man 10 years after the fact, it's too Jane Appleton Pierce. I miss intimacy. And kissing. And joking around. And huddling in corners and whispering. I miss that because I haven't had that in a while. I miss being close to someone and the cat doesn't count.

Maybe The Mom was right. I was too happy several months ago and it made me boring. Now that I am nestled warmly in the funk, maybe I will be interesting. Interesting enough for someone to read my posts, pine for me and take me to California. It's the weather too. I don't know how Seattleans...Seattlians...Seattlites...whatever, do it. Six weeks of this and I could bit through concrete.

It's sp pathetic that I don't know how to make myself happy. Too pathetic.

The funk has returned, rejoice my minions.

5 Comments:

At 9:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've changed my mine about the snow. It's pretty when it's falling. The dogs are frolicking. The snow angels are looking up at us. Your dad has yet to take me to work one time this snow season. I'm being brave....one word match.com love mom

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Are you going to pay for it?

 
At 8:50 AM , Blogger chinchilla said...

This is why you need to get out...budget smudget. You can't spend your 20's staying in and not living your life.

Match.com? Been there. Not too shabby.

 
At 6:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, if you want to move to California, I have some advice for you: Think long and hard. It rains in my land for the entire last half of March and the entire month of April. It is really, really depressing. However, we never have trouble getting to work. There are many reasons to move, and many to not. Think carefully!

 
At 10:42 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

I was thinking San Diego. Rains at night, 72 degrees average temp.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home