Friday, January 05, 2007

Not So Snow Day

It has snowed 4 times in the past 6 weeks. I am calculating it now that that is equal to1.14 inches per day. That would be manageable, but when it’s dumped on you 6inches to 2 feet at a time, not so much. It was so nice yesterday, hardly needed a jacket. So clear and mild. That was just a trick to lull us into a false sense of security. This morning around midnight, Mother Nature snuck in and blanketed us with snow…AGAIN!!

It took not one, not two, but three neighbors to push me out of the parking lot this morning. Thankfully, I have been parking at the office at the top of the hill. I wouldn’t even be at work if I had parked in front of my building. I have been doing this for a week now and I like the walk up the hill. It’s not too cold (it has to be a bit warm for it to snow, did you know that? I learned that from a rancher’s son in college, he had great lips…). It’s a nice little stroll. Getting to work is another story. I went slow…I didn’t follow closely…It took an hour and a half.

I am going for coffee with K, the Soon to be Married tomorrow. Should be fun, we always have good conversation. We used to do coffee every other month, but schedules have not allowed us to do it for a while.

Mom is backing off, her words, not mine. Someone told her she was too nosy and all up in our business (which is what good moms do, right?). So I didn’t get my snowy morning call and that had me worried, does she not care? I am perfectly happy to be rooted in childhood when it comes to my parents. Keeping up with the status quo and whatnot. None of this hands-off parenting. You can’t give me 25 years of well intentioned nosiness and just take it away one day.

The Youngest is going to the doctor today. I am still praying for a tumor.

Also, Crème Brule coffee creamer is divine.

I hope all of you are warm and safe and to those lucky bastards who live in tundra free zones, you might have to get the couch ready.

1 Comments:

At 11:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't mean to get you all in a twitter about me not calling. It's time I reeled the mom reins in on some things. I have to pick and choose when I need to be the mother. I have to practice because I am going to be a gma and will be very hard to keep my mouth shut. So I thought I'd start slow and try it out for a while. You should see the area that your sis sleeps in...I'm not going to say a word. I just shut the door. lve mom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home