Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I Never Have to Shop Again



The Cinco de Mayo party was a success. I work best under pressure and I think one day's notice in plenty of pressure. Everyone I invited came, except Jo, but she had a valid excuse (she was working the big city-wide party downtown).

I cleaned the house the night before, and it's still pretty clean. I got up early and made guacamole (and I must say for my for my first solo attempt, it was fantastic). Mom and Dad were the first to arrive and thy brought cake! (and meatballs). Which seeing as how I live alone and am single, I am eating it for dinner.

Then Gen came with the indoor grill and I set that up, getting ready to BBQ.

Finally, Daria and Brian showed up with the pinata, whom we named Jorge. They also brought guac, and many other things (like I said, I don't have to shop for a while). We enjoyed burgers and turkey dogs (Daria doesn't eat things with noses). We talked and then we took Jorge to meet his destiny and be destroyed by the bat of, well, destiny. Actually, I think it was a Louisville Slugger, but I digress.

We had a blindfold and we spun and we whacked him into oblivion. He was filled with candy, condoms and office supplies. A good haul that I got to keep.

Anyway, so then Gen had to go and B, D and I played board games for a while and watch the Kentucky Derby.

Then, being exhausted from cleaning the house until midnight and getting up early to do hostess things, they left and I watched TV. I tried to nap, but it didn't work so I cleaned up and went to bed. It was a very fun party.

I also learned how to make a pretty decent Margarita.

4 Comments:

At 2:04 PM , Blogger chinchilla said...

I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO THOSE TAQUITOS!

 
At 3:16 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

And now I get to eat them, oh. If you come and get your guac bowl, I will make you some.

 
At 8:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will show you how to make better margaritas soon. Oh grasshopper, there is so much to learn. MOM

 
At 7:21 AM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

Lush, all of you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home