Friday, August 03, 2007

Many Scary Things

So I got home from the concert last night where I was surrounded by the wall of Dad (my dad directly behind me and my mom's boss who has known me since I was 13 next to him), and the back door is open and so is my bedroom door (to get some air flowing through).

There is no cat.

Not under the bed, not in the closet.

She's not mewing back when i mew-call her.

My heart starts racing, my head is swimming with thoughts of road kill and never seeing my baby again.

I go outside to survey the situation. And I hear the tiniest mew. She is under some furniture we have out there. I grab her, put her on the washer (she's mewing and purring in my arms, she missed me and was scared) and close and lock the back door.

Roomie apologizes for not checking to see of my door was open when she left the back door ajar.

I had my kitty in my arms or at my feet all night. It was a scary moment.

3 Comments:

At 1:41 PM , Blogger Merlicious said...

I feel your pain sister. Not being able to find your cat-child is a very, very scary feeling.

 
At 8:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your kitty is safe and sound. MOM I'm getting attached to my grand kitty. I HAVE 3 YOU KNOW.

 
At 2:22 PM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

They are way better than grandchildren. No crying or peeing on you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home