Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Bearable Lightness of Being


It's strange liking someone new...getting to know them...kissing them. You have to get used to a whole new set of patterns and habits. You don't know what their favorite restaurant is. They don't know all your stories.

But you learn and that's fun.

Fidget and I have known each other a week and have gone out at least 5 times. It's progressing fairly quickly, to say the least. I have already met his parents, grandmother, sister and brother in law. He likes me (he told me so), I like him (I told him so), we want this to progress into something substantial. This is the most forthright relationship (if you can call it that yet), that I have ever been in. Last night I pulled in the reins though. If you go too fast physically, you lose so much. You don't establish intimacy, you can't go back once you've crossed the line and since I want this to be different, I slowed it down. The reins are pulled, the stage has stopped on the trail.

I am so surprised at my self control. This is new for me. It's an interesting feeling. I don't know if I like it or not. We'll just have to see.

I forgot how exhausting dating is. Talking til the wee hours, having to look cute and sweet for as long as possible (when they see you without makeup, it's all downhill from there). But again, fun.

2 Comments:

At 9:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK I don't get the flipper picture in the middle of your blog. Please explain. In my opinion you always look cute but then again I'm your mother and I have a vested interest in your well being. Since you have met his family...you know what I want. I'm totally put out that we have not met fidget (even jealous). I need to feed him and look at his teeth.

 
At 1:05 AM , Blogger HelloBettyLou said...

He's a good eater and has nice teeth. You will meet him soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home